For most people, neither dieting nor current pharmacological interventions are effective in achieving long-term weight reduction. To treat Diabesity, approaches must be developed to modulate the ways in which the brain controls metabolism, body weight and composition.
The most effective long-term treatment is Bariatric/ Weight loss surgery which includes procedures such as:-
- Laparascopic adjustable gastric banding (LAGB).
- Vertical Banded Gastroplasty.
- Biliopancreatic diversion with duodenal switch.
- Roux- en- Y Gastric Bypass.
- Vertical Sleeve Gastrectomy.